VOCAM™ (Volatile Organic Chemical Air Monitor)
Portable GC PID, Gas Chromatograph with Photoionization Detector
for Detecting Volatile Organic Compound (VOCs) in Air
PORTABLE GAS CHROMATOGRAPH GC FOR VOCS IN AIR
The VOCAM™ can detect volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in air delivering lab-quality results in less than 10 minutes. It is a high-resolution GC system specifically designed for remote monitoring.
The VOCAM™ GC will detect chemicals in addition to semi-volatile organic compounds such as naphthalene. It can detect VOCs at sub-part-per-billion levels or at high part-per-million levels depending on its configuration.
The VOCAM™ is highly customizable. The OEM unit can be integrated into your own system and/or you can purchase the fully integrated system in an enclosure, as shown.
Offering this type of customization allows the VOCAM™ to suit a variety of applications. VOCAM™ operators can use it to determine trace amounts of suspected benzene at hydraulic fracturing sites or at refinery fence-lines while the results are reported to the web. Other applications include using VOCAM to monitor worker exposure to solvents used in the workplace. This is all done without waiting for results from an offsite lab.
Contact Defiant to see our live demo currently powered by solar charged batteries for continuous operation.
- Continuous monitoring of VOC in Air
- OEM GC System for remote or distributed VOC monitoring
- Chemical identification and concentration in under 10 minutes
- Included Software
- Highest resolution air-carrier system Defiant offers via heated defined path PID
- Micro-GC Technology
- Micro Preconcentrator
- Heated Defined Path Photoionization Detector for excellent chromatographic resolution
- No specialty gases required — never runs out of carrier gas in the field
- Regenerable scrubbers for humidity and hydrocarbons
- Easy to program GC temperature profile
- Simple calibration process
- System is powered with 12 volts
- Quantitative results display on screen
- Chromatograms display real-time on computer
- Easy-to-use analysis software
- Simplified Air Sampler Installation
- Easy to Access PID lamp replacement
- Removable micro-SD Card for Fast data transfer
- Compatible with Samsara and Netronix cellular Modems
|Chemical Detection Range||Vinyl Chloride
|Boiling Point @ 1 atm||-13.3 °C||244.7 °C|
|Vapor Pressure @ 25 °C||2980 mmHg||0.067 mmHg|
|PID Lamp||10.6 eV energy|
|GC Column||5.2 meter|
|Dimensions||8 x 10 x 3.25 inches|
|Interface||Standard RS-232 port|
- Vinyl Chloride
- Trichloroethene (TCE)
- Tetrachloroethene (PCE)
- The VOCAM™ can also detect many other solvents